Mittwoch, 15. April 2009

retrospective

100 Posts, 100 Days. Strike!

This whole project was like being Tom Hanks being stuck on a lonely island ('Cast Away'). I had to escape and find the unique drawing skill out there on the sea. Step by step I found my way to improvement, to new levels. The first days I had less skill and lot tasks to begin with. Little successes held me above the surface and gave me motivation. More than time or reasons I needed muse and will. Those never let me wait for too long, so it always had to go on. I started to figure out several tactics to self-control, to push myself. I found serial projects and theme groups to work on and advance the variety in daily doodling. Those were the basis for my raft to elope from the island. The first waves were hard but the more I went on the easier it felt. Now I'm here, willing and free on the bright sea. This is an important milestone and I don't know what comes next - I just keep on and watch out for new shores to conquer. Hurray.

At this point I need to mention Mr. Cosmic, who helped me mastering my first obstacles and motivated me as a master of the subject to follow his way. By his defeating critiques I developed a crazy will to make him trust in my qualities. Sometimes I thought this will was bigger than the will to draw itself, just an infant demonstration. Whatever it was, now I'm here and content with the mission. I can tell, doing something complex daily makes you grow up, get wise about.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen